Sunday, August 5, 2012

Boy Sweaters

Late last night, I finished the last project in a month long of gift-knitting (and no sweater-knitting). I'll go into further detail about that in my next post. I swear that the instant I wove in the last threads I shouted, "Huzzah!" Because now I can get back to my 12 in 2012 mission.

Time for some boy sweater-knitting. I plan to make a few baby boy sweaters during the next month especially since I made 3 sweaters for Emma early on (seen here, here and here), it is now her baby brother's turn to benefit.

I cast on for this one, but I'm not crazy about the yarn. It is a bit wooly for a growing infant. So I think I may frog it and start over using some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and Sidar Snuggly Baby Bamboo (both stash yarns) instead.


I also hope to knit this cardigan with some yarn I bought earlier this summer, Plymouth DK Merino Superwash, and use these sweet Peter Rabbit buttons I found in an Amish fabric shop.


Beyond these two projects, I'm not sure what else to make for him.

But here are a few of my latest  finds...

Lancelot in Cascade 220
Fisherman's Pullover in Osprey   
Pekelo
Ballinagree (from my latest knitting library addition, Contemporary Irish Knits, what a fab book!) 

I know. I am getting ahead of myself. Let me make those first 2 sweaters and then I can plan out the third sweater. Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. I vote Ballinagree! Lancelot would be my 2nd choice. But then, I'm enthralled with cables at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know how I feel about the kangaroo sweater :) But I also really like the little Fisherman's sweater. It looks so simple, but SO cozy!

    ReplyDelete