Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fabric Shopping Excursion

Wishing you all a belated happy 4th of July! I hope you had the good fortune to spend the holiday celebrating with friends and family.

I spent the morning with a friend shopping in fabric stores in Ohio Amish country. First we drove to Millersburg to check out Miller's Dry Goods & Quilts Shop, which is only an hour away. Very do-able. Although, isn't it sad that we had to go so far for a decent fabric store? I was really along for the ride, as I had no specific sewing projects in mind. We hit the jackpot at this first stop.They had a huge stock with a good supply of some of my favorite brands: Amy Butler, Michael Miller and various Moda designers too.

I picked up these fabrics to make the pattern (The Swing Bag) in the picture. I think I'm going to use the green for the lining, blue for the exterior and navy stripe for the bow.



They also had a terrific button stock. I found Peter Rabbit buttons for a little cardigan I plan to make for Tommy.

I had seen this project on Ravelry and looked high and low for those buttons, but came up empty. So you can imagine how excited I was to find them.


I plan to use my Plymouth Merino Superwash DK for the cardigan.


We did stop in Berlin, Ohio to go to the Helping Hands Quilt Shop, but I was less successful there (although I did see some 1930s reproduction prints and a few Henry Glass fabrics that were tempting).

Now the only question is... when will I get around to making these goodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment