Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh la la!

Today is July 14th, Bastille Day. I can remember learning about this holiday in French class when I was a girl. This time of year I always think of the 1964 comedy, Paris When It Sizzles, which takes place in Paris on Bastille Day. Having never visited Paris on this national holiday, I am ignorant as to how accurate the film portrays the celebration. However, in my mind, Audrey Hepburn and William Holden dancing through the streets to accordian music will always be they way to do it!


So what does today have to do with knitting? Well, I thought it would be fun to showcase some French-inspired knits. What would you wear if you had the golden opportunity to travel to France?

Here are my picks.

Pour Les Petites Garcons:

Binic by Solenn Couix-Loarer
Lancelot by Solenn Couix-Loarer


Pour Les Petites Filles:
Petite Lisette by Lili Comme Tout
Charlotte by Marie Wallin


Pour Vous:
Tartine by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes

Boheme by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes
NoFa Shawl by La Maison Rililie
French Quarter by Andi Smith
Adult Tide Pools by Andrea Sanchez


Cece by Bonne Marie Burns
Still Light Tunic by Veera Valimaki
Blue Sand Cardigan by La Maison Rililie


Those of you who have visited the City of Lights may have differing opinions from my French-inspired choices. Never the less, I hope this post has inspired you to dream about your next project, pick up those knitting needles, put on a little Edith Piaf or Charles Trenet and start clicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment