Thursday, May 3, 2012

To give and to get

Last night, several members of my local knitting group (Akron Stitch 'n Bitch) participated in a new swap. This group is terrific at organizing different themed swaps throughout the year: scarf swaps, birthday swaps, amigurumi swaps and now the ABC swap can be added the list.

ABC stands for accessories, books and color.  Participants filled out a questionnaire based on our likes/ dislikes on our favorite craft, color, hobbies, books we really want to read (craft or non-craft) and any other information we want to supply. Then, as in typical swap fashion, the organizer assigned us each a swap-pee along with that individual's completed questionnaire. This made the swap personal, which in turn made the experience a million times more fun. In addition to all of the fun swapping and ridiculous quantities of laughter, we each brought a snack with a chosen color. How neat is that?

So, here is what I put together for my friend, Kristy:


She received One Skein Wonders, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's All Wound Up, 2 skeins of Quince & Co.'s Lark yarn in Frank's Plum and Crocus colorways and a pair of fingerless mitts/wrist warmers in Three Irish Girls' Galenas Merino in the Narcissa colorway.

And here is what I received from my friend, Amy.



Can you say, "JACKPOT!" I was down-right spoiled as a recipient. My goody bag included:

This wonderfully soft and drapey cowl was made with Malabrigo Arroyo in a deep navy-black color.

chocolate truffles (my favorite food)
a beautiful cowl made by Amy (she knows I have a love for cowls)



the world's tiniest scissors (seriously- so incredibly tiny)
Lantern Moon star stitch markers (way cool)
a sweet coin butterfly coin purse (although I plan to put my knitting scissors and stitch markers in it)


a "very-Meg" mug (all the way from her honeymoon trip to Mexico) in my favorite color, blue



Hannah Fettig's Closely Knit knitting book (a book I keep taking out of the library)
Gil McNeil's Knit One, Pearl One ( I recommend this chic-knit-lit series big time)


All I can say is... sign me up for the next swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment