Sunday, May 6, 2012

An itch to sew

Maybe it's because I have so many big knitting projects on my needles, but I am in the mood for some crafting instant gratification. Something bit me this week giving me an itch to sew. This usually happens twice a year: once in the dead of winter and again when the weather is warm.

In order to satisfy my need, I paged through my two sewing books, One Yarn Wonders and In Stitches, rummaged through my fabric stash and spent way too much time looking at fabric and pattern websites. Eventually, I settled on a couple of projects and made a purchase.

A few days later, lookie what my favorite mailman brought me!



I'm a big fan of Amy Butler's fabric and pattern designs. The fabric prints in particular have a vintage feel yet bring a fresh light to any project or room. All the fabrics I ordered are from her Lotus line (from the top left Lime Full Moon Polka Dot, Coral Star Paisley, Slate Full Moon Polka Dot, Sky Wallflower).

And here is what I plan to make with each set...


Gum Drop Pillow (more like an ottoman)




I cannot wait to share my finished projects with you. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment