Tuesday, May 8, 2012

ABC Fabric Magnets

The Purl Bee has to be one of the best crafting blogs in Blogger Universe. The creators behind each new post blow me away with their creativity, originality and refreshing use of color. I have enjoyed making several projects from the Purl Bee blog, including...

Strawberry Pillows

New Years Garland

Bandana Cowl

There are at least a dozen sewing and knitting patterns (shared on their blog) bookmarked for my to-make list. Today, I finally got around to one of them: ABC Fabric Magnets.



I was unable to find sticker-backed magnet sheets, so I simply used Elmer's School Glue to adhere the fabric to the magnet squares. It lengthened the project time a little, but was quite simple and turned out just fine.



The fabric pieces I chose to use for this project vary in quality and color. It includes some prints from Amy Butler, Michael Miller, Mary Englebreit, Joel Dewberry, 1930's reproductions and inexpensive fat quarters from Joann's Fabric Store.


So save your scraps, crafters! This little project is perfect for using up all of those left-over little bits of fabric from other sewing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment