Friday, July 8, 2011

Meet Brown Cow

Making slow and steady progress on my finish-knitting-Emma-all-the-animals-by-Christmas plan. As you may recall, a couple of weeks ago I finished making Little Lamb from Spud and Chloe at the Farm. This sweet book has adorable farm creatures that Spud (a sheep) and Chloe (a little girl) meet on the way to Little Lamb's party at a farm. So cute! So to recap, the plan is to make most of the animals and a few barn accessories for my daughter for Christmas. She is obsessed with this book and carries the knitting book around the house daily. She knows all of the characters by sight now. So silly!

So now Little Lamb has some company while the other creatures have yet to be knit. Meet Brown Cow.


Like Little Lamb, he was knit with stash yarn, Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton. This yarn is soft, but splits and breaks easily, and honestly I cannot tell you how many times I came across knots in each little skein - the arch enemy of knitters everywhere.

So as you can see there are a few parts to sew together. Not so bad, really. I mean, Brown Cow is no 42-part-Patchwork Tortoise (remember that?). 


Ah well, now it's time for the fun part- buying the recommended Spud and Chloe Sweater yarn to make the remaining animals. Still to do:


1. Spud
2. Chloe
3. Barn Cat
4. Mother Hen and chicks
5. Barn
6. Some buckets- or Emma will kill me- this is the one thing she keeps asking for

And if I have time:
8. Fence
9. Piglets
10. Mice
11. Hay bales

Oh boy, I hope I have time. At least they are fun and quick to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment