Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweater #2 and More

Sweater #2: Matelot Sweater from Sublime's Third Little Book.






I've knitted several items from this book including Little Mabel, Plum Pudding Beret and Get Knotted Hat. It's a great little book full of sweet knits for both boys and girls.

This sweater knit up quickly and provided clear directions on assembling the pieces together.  I used stash yarn left over from a knitted toy frenzy this past spring: Knit Pick's Shine Sport in River, Sky and Serrano. The blend of Pima Cotton and Modal make for an extremely smooth strand while knitting, which also reduces the need for serious blocking. However, I don’t like how the ends look woven in. On the right side you cannot see them (hurrah!), but because of the way the sweater is designed, when laying flat, you can see some of the ends at the collar. Of course, this should not be a problem when he wears the sweater, but until then…it looks a little sloppy. And if there is one thing I do NOT like it is sloppy knitting.

I've made a few posts on picking patterns to make for a baby boy (and there many sweet designs on the market today). And now I've run out of time to make anymore, so here is the "collection" of handknits I made for my new son. It's not as high as I had hoped (I originally planned to make oodles of knitted socks).
The sweater on the right is a Baby Top with Seed Stitch Trim from one of my favorite books. I made this 3 years ago for my daughter and am thrilled that he will get to wear it too.


(Left) Penguin Pal Hat and (Right) Get Knotted Hat
Cable Blanket
Lovebug Booties


And that's it! Never fear, more handknits are in his future. I plan to space them out like I did for my daughter (1 to 2 knitted items per season).

No comments:

Post a Comment