Friday, November 8, 2013

Jeannie

 Ah, Jeannie.





This is my personal favorite of the Best Buds’ cowls. I had a completely different vision in mind for this cowl, which was made for my daughter's friend, Miranda. About halfway through knitting the original cowl, I ripped it out and went in a totally different direction. Boy, am I glad I did! I just love how this turned out.


Don't you just love that there are leaves stuck in her hair? Ha!




Miranda, the sparkling red-headed model, is a vivacious girlie girl with a dramatic flare. I do believe we will see her in the spot light on stage someday.



This cowl, worked in the round from the bottom, features a combination of stockinette stitch and a squishy textured stitch throughout the body. Eyelets on one side are cinched together with an i-cord ribbon. The combination of the side ruching, big bow and different stitch pattern make this cowl perfect for that little starlet in your life.






Like Rosie and Janie, this cowl pattern has instructions for both child and adult sizes. It is also another great stash-buster because it uses approximately 120 (145) yards of aran weight yarn (this includes the yardage needed for the I-cord). I made the adult sized cowl for Miranda's mom, my friend Michelle. Both cowls were made with Osprey for the body. Miranda chose the Lichen colorway for herself "to match her flower dress." With left-over Sorbet from Emma's cowl (Janie), I worked up the I-cord ribbon. These two colors make a great team.



I chose to make Michelle's cowl in Cypress because I liked the idea of mom and daughter looking similar but not identical. Her I-cord ribbon was worked in something totally unexpected: Noro's Kochoran. Just by accident, truly, a ball of deep-stash Kochoran rolled toward the cowl on my bed while searching for that perfect contrasting colored yarn.  I love how these look together. What do you think?


And now it is time for another giveaway? How would you like a free copy of the Jeannie cowl pattern? Leave a comment below telling me what color/yarn combination you'd like for your Jeannie cowl. You have ONE WEEK to post a comment. Next Thursday, November 14, I will select a winner using the online random number generator. Be sure to let me know your Raverly name or email address so that I contact you!

Don't forget to keep checking back for more giveaways this week.... anyone interested in... yarn?

3 comments:

  1. I love the light green and pink! I think turquoise and navy or turquoise and brown would be stunning as well. So many options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cowl! It's so cute :) I have no idea what color I'd use for my cowl but I love your combination!

    ReplyDelete