Thursday, January 19, 2012

Matching Mittens

This fall I made my daughter a seed stitch beret (you may have read it about here) and had planned on making a pair of matching mittens. Alas, I never got around to knitting up these mittens until today.




The pattern comes from Teresa Cole of Comfort Wool. These cuties are called Comfort Mountain Mittens, designed to keep the hands of little ones toasty warm, using worsted weight yarn and featuring a linen stitch pattern. This stitch pattern creates a dense, woven-like fabric - a terrific feature for mittens.



I love that I was able to use left-over yarn from one project to make these (my project only took 72 yards). In fact, I still have an extra 57 yards from this skein, Three Irish Girls' Springvale Merino in Cherry Blossom.


What a quick knit! That seems to be the theme of my knitting this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment