Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree!

I know it is only October, but I am one of those nut-jobs who thinks about Christmas in July... well, to be honest... I think about it all year really.

This year, I'd like to add to my handknit holiday decorating. The first year my husband and I were married (2005), I made us both Christmas stockings.


The next year in 2006, I made a little knitted ball ornament like these...




The year after that, I made this pom-pom garland.


In 2009, we were blessed with our daughter, so naturally she had to have a stocking too!



And here we are, 2011, and I'm getting the handknit-holiday-decorating-itch. Here is what I'm thinking about doing this year. I'd like to make a few felted little trees. But the question is, which one do I choose? Here are my options.



I found this pattern in the Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines book.



And this one is from the fabulous Purl Soho's blog, the Purl Bee.






And these layered little guys are from the most recent Interweave Knits' Holiday Gifts issue.



Which one do you think I should make this season?

1 comment: