Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chloe

Meet Chloe- the third toy to be knitted from Susan B. Anderson's delightful book, Spud and Chloe at the Farm.

She was knit with Knit Picks' Comfy Worsted in Serrano and Ivory. Her dress and hair-tie were made with left-over stash yarn, Blue Sky Alpaca's Organic Cotton.

As with the rest of Susan's patterns, Chloe is simple to knit thanks to her extremely clear directions on construction. Aside from knitting this doll in different yarn (the book suggests Spud and Chloe's Sweater), the only alteration I made was to the size of her eyes. I feel they are a little large on the toy in the book compared to the sweet illustrations of Chloe throughout.  So I simply made them a little smaller.



Chloe is much cuter in person, I swear. I really need to take photography lessons and get a sweet camera. This little piece of technology I'm using just doesn't do knitting justice.

Well, 3 down ( Little Lamb, Brown Cow and Chloe), at least 2 to go (Barn Cat and Spud) and let's not forget the accessories (the Barn and Buckets- Emma keeps asking for these tiny toys).

No comments:

Post a Comment