Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Springtime in Philly

It is February 1st and the freezing rain is pelting the side of my house reminding me that we are most definitely not anywhere near spring yet. To help (pretend to) speed winter along, I finished a fun project the other night in the spirit of spring. Springtime in Philadelphia was knit with Three Irish Girls' McClellan Fingering yarn on the colorway Bellini. Oh how I could go for one of those lovely bellini beverages right about now along with warmer weather, no snow or ice and lots of sunshine!


I'm quite pleased with how this finished. All I can say is that blocking does wonders. The hat was adorable before blocking, but rather small, more like a beanie and less like a beret. After wet blocking and shaping it using a ten inch plate, the beret came to life. It looks delicate, complicated and soft. And yet, the pattern was easy to follow and fairly quick to knit despite using size 0 and 2 needles. Thank you to Kelbourne Woolens for sharing such a pretty project with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment