Thursday, January 20, 2011

Giving Back

A week or so ago, I came across a terrific knitting pattern on Jennifer Casa's website that satisfied two important needs for me. Firstly, at the time I had been frustrated with a time-consuming  project and was therefore desiring a quick-knit fix. Secondly, my stash was in need of a little busting.

Neighborly is an adorable child's vest complete with unique features like a separately knit collar, wide shoulders and a hem. In just two short evenings I was able to feel the delightful satisfaction of creating something cute for my daughter that she'd easily be able to wear for the next year. I used 2 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and 1 skein of Three Irish Girls' Lindon Merino. The button was made by someone in my local knitting group. Here is a picture of Emma's Neighborly.


Since Jennifer Casa kindly offered this pattern for free, I thought I would return the favor and offer a new pattern of mine for free too. Like Neighborly, my Little Bobble Scarf is a stash-busting quick-knit fix. It takes less than 100 yards of DK weight yarn to make and can be whipped up in a few hours.


My 21 month old daughter, Emma, is modeling it for me! 


Happy knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment