Tuesday, January 15, 2013

12 in 2012: And Done!

Here they are: the completed sweaters of 2012.

Sweet Peasy by Heidi Kirrmaier

Matelot from Sublime's Third Little Knits Book

Spring Garden Tee by Alana Dakos

Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig

Acacia by Georgie Hallam
Miriam by Carrie Bostick Hoge
Audrey's First Day by Elizabeth Smith
Kangaroo Vest by Hannah Fettig
Navajo Pullover by Andrea Sanchez


Raglan Cardigan by Debbie Bliss
Agnes by Melissa LaBarre
Organic Guernsey by Fawn Pea

And this is the bonus sweater (#13) which was made for my friend's new baby.
Owlet by Kate Davies

Tomorrow I will share with you the top 10 lessons I learned from this experience. For now I will share just a few notes.
 

I had originally hoped to make 4 each for Tommy, Emma and myself (remember, my hubs is a walking furnace, so he gets hats instead). However, I ended up making 4 for Emma, 5 for Tommy (he was only able to wear the Matelot sweater 2x since he grew so fast) and 3 for myself. Plus, I did knit one gift sweater for my friend's new baby, but that does not count toward the 12 in 2012 since it didn't meet the criteria. The sweaters were all made within the 2012 calendar year. The last one was completed on December 23, so I was cutting it kind of close.

Of the 12 sweaters made this year, 2 were made with newly purchased yarn, 1 was made with yarn from a gift certificate and the remaining 9 were all stash-busters. Pretty good, I'd say!

And now it is time to have some wine and chocolate and celebrate...

Or... I could go yarn shopping...






























No comments:

Post a Comment